Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday Things


1)     I can’t believe that just a few days ago I was worried there wouldn’t be any snow for Christmas. Fast-forward to today and Winter Storm Draco is burying my town in inches and inches of snow. It’s glorious, fluffy, and blanketing everything in site.

2)     Also, my inner nerd is wigging out that the blizzard was named after a Harry Potter character. Draco? DRACO?! Agh! If only that meant Tom Felton was going to blow through my town. What a Christmas present that would be!

3)     Despite my dog being 7 and having been through many winters before her reaction to snow is always a mixture of fear and elation. With a heavy dose of stumbling mixed in.

4)     Last night, I leapt across the kitchen in an attempt to catch a falling cookie sheet. I missed the cookie sheet but made direct (and hard) contact with the corner of a cabinet and now my right kneecap is one large bruise. To match the one on my shin.

5)     My knee hurt less after two large plates of Chinese takeout and a viewing of Ryan Gosling’s abs “Crazy, Stupid, Love.”

6)     It’s normal to have a box full of powdered sugar, brown sugar, and bags and bags of marshmallows sitting in the middle of the living room, right? Good, I thought so.

7)     I’m finishing up my Christmas shopping/gift making and am so mad I can’t get any of these gifts for my family and friends. Or myself.

8)     I turned the "Barefoot Contessa" on at work Tuesday when there was a bit of a lull. I walked away to do something and when I came back, two of the teenage boys I work with were standing, staring at the screen, mouths agape. They were actually interested in what she was making, asking questions and giving their opinions. To say I was proud is an understatement.

9)     I love me some candy, but these gummi candies do not appeal to me. Just, no.


10)   Not to beat a dead horse, but I’m going to talk about the snow again and how I have been baking cookies all day as a result of being cooped up. Including these bad boys. When rolled in powdered sugar they look like pretty little snowballs, but taste much, much better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment