Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thursday Things


1)     What’s a sign that you’ve gone a bit overboard with Christmas decorating? If it’s getting tinsel in your laundry and glitter in your coffee cup, I’ve hit that point. And I love it.

2)     I even got my Martha on and made a wreath (albeit with a lot of help from a seasoned veteran)! The theme: Christmas baked goods! There’s a little mixer, cookie cutters, and even a cupcake on it! I’m in love…with a Christmas decoration…this is my life…


3)     I consider it a major win that I was able to make my (absolute, without a doubt) favorite salted caramel sauce without a candy thermometer. And oddly enough, it’s the best batch I’ve ever made. There was no seizing, no crystallizing. It was pure magic. I’ve taken to eating a spoonful of it after dinner every night.

4)     I’m trying to figure out a way to drink coffee in the shower. Like, full on take my steamin’ cup of joe in there with me. But, avoid getting body wash into it. Or dropping it. While simultaneously washing my hair. Thoughts?

5)     Why can I never rip parchment paper evenly? Why?! Or plastic wrap? Or waxed paper? Or aluminum foil? I think there’s some kind of conspiracy going on because those little metal ridges never seem to be sharp enough to cut through PAPER but my fingers? Piece of cake! Practically slice them clean off. Ugh.

6)     So, there was this little thing called the Chicago Fine Chocolate Show. Yeah. Went there. Did that. To say it was amazing is an understatement. I tweeted a few pictures about it but you can see more here!

6.5)  While I'm shamelessly plugging my student publication take a gander at how I make pulled pork

7)     By now we should all know that there’s going to be a BMW (that’s Boy Meets World for those who aren’t in the know (and frankly, how is that even possible at this point)) reboot!!!! Cory and Topanga are coming back to the small screen for Girl Meets World. I, for one, couldn’t be happier. There’s one hitch to this though, Rider Strong (that’s Shawn Hunter, guys. C’mon!) isn’t signed on to appear. NO. This cannot happen. This needs to be fixed.

8)     I wanted to put in a snappy quote from this week’s episode of The Mindy Project. But, the show is just so.darn.good. I couldn’t pick just one! That show is absolutely hilarious and if you’re not watching it what are you doing with your life?!

9)     Gigantic doughnuts, preferably flavored like Boston Cream Pie or Tiramisu, are necessary road trip fuel.


10)   My affection for doughnuts is really getting out of hand, but with creations like these (!) or these (!!) or this (!!!) how can I not? 

11)   The only thing rivaling my doughnut obsession is my Christmas music compulsion. It has become the soundtrack to my life. I workout to it, bake to it, clean to it, study to it. 

12)   Just kidding about that last one, I don't study.  

No comments:

Post a Comment