Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blueberry Kiwi Salsa


I’ve got nothing for this salsa. It's hot, I’ve been working like crazy, and am beyond sleep deprived. And really need to paint my nails so we’re keeping this short and sweet. And eating some Blueberry Kiwi Salsa.


I made it months ago right in the midst of a heat wave and a baking lapse. I put it on everything. Salads. Salmon. Spoons. It was phenomenal. I’m always looking for new salad toppings and love putting fruit in my salads so this salsa was the best of both worlds.

Any fruit and be thrown together with some jalapeno and red onion and become a quick and easy salsa, I’ve done cherry and strawberry variations of this with huge success. Have fun with it!

Blueberry Kiwi Salsa (make approx. 2 cups, inspired by How Sweet Eats)

1 vine ripe tomato, seed and chopped

½ medium jalapeno, seeded and chopped

¼ cup chopped red onion

1 cup fresh blueberries

1 whole kiwi, peel and chopped

Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped

Juice of ½ a lime

Salt, to taste


Combine ingredients in food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached. Alternatively, ingredients can be chopped uniformly and simply mixed together.

Salsa can be stored in fridge for up to one week.


I lied, I’ve got chips for this salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment