Friday, July 27, 2012

Foil Wrapped Salmon


I can’t even think of a witty story or anecdote to go along with this salmon. I think that’s because it’s nothing particularly special. It’s delicious! Don’t get me wrong, it is a tasty piece of fish. But it’s simple.

It’s the dinner I make for myself when my dad is working nights. He refuses to eat salmon and I refuse to make two separate dinners – so I save this meal for when it’s just me.

Normally I make this in the oven, but yesterday I tried it on the grill with great success.


Foil Wrapped Salmon
Serves: 4

2 - 8oz. filets of salmon, skin on

1 lemon, sliced, divided

1 TBSP Coconut oil (or butter)

Salt and pepper, to taste

Miscellaneous spices/herbs, to taste

Preheat grill over medium-high heat until internal temperature is between 350 – 375 degrees. Alternatively, preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Spray a large square of foil with olive oil spray. Lay salmon on foil, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any additional spices or herbs (I use a seafood blend with sage, thyme, and rosemary, among others). Top with pat of coconut oil and lay lemon slices over filet. Wrap foil tightly around salmon to create a packet o’ fish. Repeat with other filet.


Grill (or bake) for 10 – 15 minutes, until fish is medium pink and flakes easily with a fork.

Peel off skin and serve with grilled or steamed veggies for a fast and healthy summer dinner! 


1 comment:

  1. Haha Nice Amanda, Looks good. I want some. Even though I've never had salmon... 0.o Anyway I cant wait to workout Sunday With you and the others! See you then!

    ReplyDelete