1) I gave blood today! I LOVE giving blood! Is that weird? And I don’t just mean the whole saving three lives thing, although that’s obviously why I do it (Type O-Neg, what?). See, when I give blood I…uh…I...I time myself. I like to keep track of how long it takes me to fill up the bag (I got grossed out just typing that sentence) and see if I can beat my previous time. I’ve got a personal best of a little over 5 minutes and it’s a shining beacon to which I have measured all other donations.
2) That was disturbing. I'm sorry.
3) I also read somewhere that donating blood burns like 600+ calories which is like 2.5 workouts worth of calorie output! Which totally justifies the 4 white chocolate chip muffins I had at lunch, post-donation. I wish I could give blood every day!
4) The genius of this commercial. Obsession. It brings me back to high school sports. Anyone else?
5) I got a haircut yesterday. I wanted side swept, flowy bangs. I got straight across, blunt bangs. That’s cool, I’ve done the whole blunt bang thing before, but I wanted something soft and pretty for summer. And I know my bangs will never be as good as Zooey Deschanel's no matter how hard I try.
6) My sisters are coming to visit in four days!!!! I’ve already planned all of our dining destinations. And that we have to go grocery shopping because I need more of this.
7) Modern Family just keeps getting better and better. The real life situations that they turn into comedic gold are just astounding.
8) This is one of my best friends. She’s coming to visit me next week. (Hi, Claire!)
|Finals week. It happens to the best of us.|
9) I’ve been researching nut brittle recipes in preparation for a competition I’m doing next week. I hate competing, I get all nervous and sweaty and miserable and almost backed out last time. I don’t know why I do this to myself.