Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Things


1)     I have been MIA as of late. I’ve been making some changes and those changes have been taking up good chunks of my life, not leaving me a lot of time to type up witty and inspiring posts or photograph the few (lame) attempts I’ve made in the kitchen recently. I like where I am headed though, and I know good things are going to come of it. So, please, bear with me. I promise to return with sugar-laden treats soon!

2)     I have been exceptionally girly lately. And it’s been a lot of fun! *squeals*giggles*pink*sparkles* I am getting SO MANY ideas from Kate. She’s so pretty and creative, I love going to her blog for inspiration.

3)     Hearing a nine-year-old boy say “Well, when I was younger...” makes me feel ancient.

4)     I got a new camera for my birthday – and it is by far one of the coolest, greatest, bestest present I have ever gotten. Ever. I keep finding myself looking at things and taking mental “pictures” in my head. I know nothing about photography feel super professional now. I even read the owner's manual.

5)     I had to photograph something with my new camera. I got a jumbo muffin pan for my birthday too. I just put two and two together.  The results were jumbo goat cheese, fig, and honey muffins. Jumbojumbojumbo. I really like saying that word.


6)     INSTAGRAM IS FINALLY AVAILABLE FOR ANDROID! I have been blowing up the Instagram feed with unnecessary pictures of tea bags and cookies.

7)     And milk shakes.


8)     To add to the uber girliness that I have been indulging in, I got a pedicure and, to my surprise, it has lasted a whole week! That has never happened before. I don’t know if it’s because I am exceptionally mean to my toes or if previous pedicures were never that great to begin with but, I typically only have cute toes for like, three days. I don’t know how, but my polish has lasted through 7 days of sandals, too-small flats, and more up-dog to down-dog combos than I can shake a stick at.

9)     I have been craving baked goods with coconut. Which is weird, because I’m not really sure if I like coconut. I’ve had it before, I know that. And I didn’t hate it. But I can’t remember what is "coconut-y" about coconut. I am trying and failing to recall that sense memory. Obviously, the logical thing to do would be to make up a batch of cookies or bars or cupcakes to remind myself.

10)     I was looking through old pictures today to update my cover photo because Facebook switched me over forcibly, and I found this gem from a vacation to New Mexico last year. Good times.


11)     One of my poor, poor friends has somehow never seen Boy Meets World before so, of course, I gave him a crash course this afternoon and we watched a few clips. This show will never, ever get old.


12)     Ever.

Happy Thursday!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment