Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday Things


1)     Christmas is this weekend! I cannot wait! I am so excited. Christmas means so much to me I can’t even explain, it’s so much more than gifts and cookies.

2)     In honor of Christmas the weather has given me a present…it finally snowed! Little more than a dusting, but snow nonetheless!

3)     Last weekend I went to Minnesota to celebrate Christmas with my boyfriend and his family and had a wonderful time. The entire family cooks and loves food (would I date someone who didn’t?) and we made some amazing meals.

Like these.

Salmon tacos with all the fixin's and a cilantro lime mayo

 And this.

Pumpkin and sage ravioli with a brown butter balsamic sauce

4)     And, to be a little mushy since it is the holidays and all, I made some pretty amazing memories too.

5)     Today I finished a ten pound bag of flour, over two pounds of butter, and a bottle of vanilla.Winning.

6)     I should have put this on my Christmas list. I got prune hands from washing my one bowl over and over again while I made six different kinds of dough today.

7)     My baking uniform today was t-shirt, athletic shorts, a vintage apron, and fuzzy slippers. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it! 


8)     I read a great tip on David Lebovitz  the other day. Use an ironing board as a makeshift counter top when you run out of space! It's genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment