Monday, December 12, 2011

2012 (and beyond)


Let’s talk New Year’s Resolutions. They freak me out. Like, really. It’s an awful lot of pressure – deciding to reinvent myself in one day. When I think about it like that, that New Year’s Day is some big, end all, be all kind of day, it kinda takes all the fun out of it. Like how stopwatches take the fun out of anything and everything running.


So, I’ve been thinking about my resolutions the past few days, and I’m deciding to implement my resolutions a little early. To give myself time to adjust and alleviate some of the pressure of January 1. Slow and steady wins the race after all, and 2012 is not a sprint.
 
In the year 2012 I will

     Laugh more

     Listen better

     Try new things

     Bake more

     Do more yoga

     Do less doubting

     Stop comparing

     Believe in myself

     Write

This is just a small list, but it will get me well on my way to being more of the person I want to be, and know I can be, in the coming year.

What are your resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. I will hold you to all these things! :)

    ReplyDelete