Friday, August 26, 2011

30 Days

I haven’t posted in a month.

That’s a long time. Even typing those words I was like “A month? No.” But yes. I haven’t written anything in 30 days. That’s not to say I haven’t wanted to – oh boy, have I wanted to. I’ve jotted down ideas on sticky notes and receipts and done plenty of work in the kitchen, but I haven’t put pen to paper (fingers to keys?) in a long time.

I’m not entirely sure why either. I love writing, I really do. I’m still nervous about people reading what I write, though. I can’t stomach the idea of pouring myself into this thing heart, soul, and butter only to come up with nothing. I’m constantly worrying about whether or not people will read my words. Then I’m praying that people won’t because what if they don’t like it? What if they’re mean? What if they leave a nasty comment? Worse – what if I know them and they leave a nasty comment to my face?! The idea of a cyberbully got a whole lot scarier the moment I started blogging. 

But I can’t let that stop me. I won’t let it stop me. I have too much to do and too much to say. And while I may not have posted in the past month that doesn’t mean I didn’t do anything. 

In the past 30 days I have…
  • Been to Baltimore, Washington DC, and NYC (more on that to come)
  • Eaten my first crab cake (holy buckets!)
  • Loved my job
  • Hated my job (for many of the same reasons I often love it)
  • Done yoga every day
  • Had coffee with a friend
  • Rediscovered my love for bike rides
  • Baked my first pound cake
  • Stayed up too late
  • Created my own cookie recipe (which I cannot wait to share!)
  • Laughed so hard it hurt
  • Surprised my boyfriend
  • Seen “The Help” (loved the movie, loved the book even more)
  • Obsessively read food blogs
  • Obsessively neglected my school email
  • Made pancakes with M&Ms in my best friend’s kitchen at 1:30a.m.
  • Run down the middle of the street laughing with my friends after midnight
  • Fought with my mom, then hugged it out five minutes later
  • Started cleaning out my closet, desk, car, etc.
  • Stopped cleaning out my closet, desk, car, etc. 20 minutes later
  • Been thankful
So, I haven’t been slacking entirely (then again, the multiple Law & Order SVU and Bones marathons weren’t entirely necessary) but, I’ve still got a lot of work to do. Both on and off the blog. I go back to school in a mere two weeks and before that I’ve got to clean, bake, pack, bake some more, spend quality time with the fam, buy a new laundry bag and so on. After that it’s back to a shared room, flip flops in the shower, classes, homework, and a tiny kitchen with an even tinier oven. Want to come with? I’ll bake you cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I would gladly come with for your cookies (if I could...) :)

    ReplyDelete